Quantcast

She Came Downstairs Screaming Her Neck Hurt - You Won't Believe Why

Thirteen-year-old Gabbie Fedro was talking on her smartphone, and it was connected to the charger at the same time. Gabbie was also wearing a metal choker-style necklace that afternoon.

Then a freak accident occurred. Somehow the electrical current in the phone charger went directly through her phone, and through the jack of the charger and jumped into her metal necklace.

When the electricity pulsed through and heated the metal around her neck, Gabbie screamed as the hot metal necklace began to burn her flesh.

After this scary incident, Gabbie’s mom, Jackie Fedro, is making an effort to warn others regarding the potential dangers of a cell phone charger.

Fedro explained: “She came running downstairs after it, grabbing her neck,” Fedro commented. “She was in so much pain she was screaming hysterically.”

Gabbie tried to tell her mom what happened and broke down crying. The horrible experience left scars on her skin, and she also has psychological scars.

“It’s the worst feeling in the world as a mother to watch your child scream in pain and have no idea how to help her,” Fedro went on. “It took her a good five minutes before she was even able to tell us what had happened.”

Ironically, Gabbie had just gotten the phone – an LG d500 model – a few months before at Christmas to help keep her safe.

“One of the reasons we finally gave in and bought her a cell phone is so we can keep in touch with her more with her crazy practice schedule,” Jackie pointed out.

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, most cellphone burning incidents are related to one of the lithium batteries overheating inside the phone.

The warning from the commission also highlights that cheap “knock off” and third party chargers and batteries increase the chances for an accident.

Fedro notes that her daughter’s phone and accessories were all brand new original equipment. The good news is the carrier that supplied the phone (T-Mobile) agreed to replace the phone and even offered to cover Gabbie’s medical bills.

Source: AWM
Photos: AWM

More News Stories

A countless number of books, academic studies, and even entire professions and industries have been devoted to answering a single question: Why do...

One woman was on line at the grocery store and she saw the family in front of her sorting through their stuff. As a mom herself, she knew what...

The rise and fall of OJ Simpson came back into the spotlight in a big way last year - courtesy of several well-received television specials that...

A woman in Texas is suing Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen. Her ten-page lawsuit claimed that eating Popeye's rice and beans caused her to ingest...

Latest News Stories

When Mark Oberholtzer sold his truck three years ago to a dealership, he never imagined it would end up being used by an Islamic militant group....

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump fired back on Twitter Wednesday night, after 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney called on the...

The area of Alberta, Canada had suffered through some dangerous flooding, and that led to numerous rescues by the professionals whose job it is to...

“This is the face of a 61-year-old woman; I am proud of every year and every single wrinkle,” Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina...

One little girl loves Jesus and loves crafting. She's putting the two together by making crosses that she's passing out to police officers across...

A family in Richmond, VA is fighting to keep their toddler on life support, but doctors have informed them it’s a near certainty the child won’t...

A Transgendered student using the girls’ locker room is causing a stir at a Missouri high school. While the transgender student feels it’s...

Donald Trump declared Monday that while he supports across-the-board spending cuts for all other government agencies, he would increase the nation...

Peggy Uhle was sitting in her seat on a Southwest plane about to take off from Raleigh- Durham to go to Chicago when she was asked by the flight...

Parents in Italy wanted to raise their child with their vegan diet. The baby had to be hospitalized for malnutrition, and parents have lost...