Quantcast

One Hour After Hiking His Dog Dies, Vet Reveals What Really Killed The Dog

A routine walk that a Colorado woman took with her three-year-old Border Collie dog ended in peril and tragedy. The family took a walk through the Horsetooth Reservoir and by the end of the excursion, the dog appeared unwell and he was taken to the vet.

The vet reported that throughout the duration of the walk, the dog was chewing on a plant known as deadly water hemlock. During the mid-summer season, in July, water hemlock thrives in wetlands, marshes, and river banks throughout America and they bloom with minute clusters of white flowers. This plant is fatal for dogs; a few bites can kill them in a matter of two hours.

Upon contact with water hemlock, the dog will display signs of nervousness and their eyes will begin to dilate. The following symptoms are quite gruesome, consisting of twitching, drooling, convulsions, and seizures. If the consumption amount is minimal, the dog has a possibility of survival, but will live with afflictions of a damaged heart and skeletal muscles. If the dog consumes too much of the water hemlock, respiratory paralysis and death will follow.

If a dog ingests water hemlock, vomiting should be induced immediately and the dog should be rushed to the nearest vet. Keep your dog away from water hemlock.

Source: Hero Viral
Photo: Hero Vira, Wikipedial

More News Stories

A construction crew in London found a poor animal stuck in a deep hole near their work site. They thought it was a dog; it was caked with dirt and...

Some parents thought they heard a voice coming from their child's room, so the mother went to investigate. She discovered a stranger was talking...

Winter is the best season of all!

...

Republican governors who met with President Obama on Tuesday said they are close to reaching a compromise on expanding Medicaid coverage.

...

Latest News Stories

A kind young boy going into a restaurant with his mother saw a homeless man outside the restaurant. He begged his mom to treat the man to dinner...

A school spokesperson speaks out about why school denied student lunch after an angry mother went to the media.

The mother of an Oklahoma...

Police officers in South Florida captured a 120-pound snake. They believe the snake is the reason why so many pet cats have disappeared recently...

A man in South Texas was arrested when he showed up to vote because he wouldn’t take off his Trump t-shirt.

Brett Mauthe, a resident of...

A man in Alabama got an urgent phone call from his wife. She called to tell him she was miscarrying, so he rushed to meet her. He got some...

Parents will do all that they can to keep their children out of harm’s way, but sometimes even the simplest of activities can lead to disastrous...

Accusations of racist comments have resulted in the resignation of two officials at San Jose State University. One woman denies making the...

One company hopes to empower mothers with its message that 'maternal instinct is natural miracle.' The touching commercial they made has gone...

Leaked emails from Democratic National Committee officials confirm that the party’s establishment created a nominating process favoring Hillary...