Quantcast

Family Has Serious Warning For Pet Owners After Losing Pet To Poisoning

One couple endured a heartbreaking ordeal over the weekend. On Saturday, their two healthy dogs suddenly started acting sick. By Monday morning, the two dogs had to be euthanized. They're not really sure what happened and are offering a reward for information.

The Utah couple said both of their dogs began acting strange out of the blue on Saturday night. They couldn't hold their bowels. The couple thought the dogs had contracted a common upset stomach virus. Things got progressively worse, with the dogs starting to look not just lethargic, but drunk. They started walking into walls.

By the time they reached the vet on Monday morning, it was too late. The vet said the dogs were suffering from ethylene glycol poisoning, a chemical found most commonly in antifreeze. They had little choice but to put the two dogs down.

“The vet said we would have to put Marley down, and we could try to treat Autumn but it would cost $3,000 a day and there was only a 25 percent chance she would live,” said dog owner Katrina Burrell.

The Burrells decided to put the two dogs to sleep together. “They put them on tables side by side, and they let us say all of our goodbyes, and talk with them for the last time," Burrell said, tearfully. "They put [Marley] down first. I watched him stop breathing, I watched his heart stop beating. They finished his injection and they started Autumn’s injection and she was terrified. I don’t think she was ready."

After the heartbreaking event, the Burrells went on a search to find the toxin that killed their dog. There was nothing on their property. “We searched our yard to see if there was anything in our yard, anything in our driveway that they could have gotten into that would have caused it," said Burrell. “I keep a very close eye on my dogs when they are outside in our yard... they never go out of my sight.”

The Burrells are offering a reward of $1,500 if anyone can provide information about what happened to their dogs. They believe it's possible that the dogs were deliberately poisoned.

Lt. Danielle Croyle with Ogden Police said the investigation has been closed. A snowmelt bag with anti-freeze inside of it was found in a neighbor's yard, and police suspect the dogs got into it. There's no way to prove if anything was given to the dogs intentionally.

Source: Fox 13
Photo: Twitter

More News Stories

If you have ever been to a consignment or thrift store, you know that sometimes you have to dig around to find something of value. Hidden gems are...

The next world war has started, according to former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania.

The Republican presidential candidate told...

Senator Lindsey Graham recently voiced his concern over the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) threatening an attack on U.S. soil, and he is...

Three-year-old Patrick McClung was besides himself when he found out that some residents of Anchorage, Alaska were homeless, but the boy’s sadness...

Arguing for a stronger military, Jeb Bush declared Saturday that the United States needs to do a better job of scaring its adversaries, The Hill...

Latest News Stories

Embattled Republican New Jersey Governor Chris Christie sat down with ABC's Diane Sawyer in his first public interview since the George Washington...

A Georgia woman decided to foster a dog in hospice care to bring some joy to him in his final days. To ensure he makes the most of it, she created...

Unfortunately in America, walking down the street for a woman can be a dangerous thing. We walk in pairs, pretend to talk on our cell phone, or...

During an episode of the 'Steve Harvey' show, the famous host stopped to get some pointers from a woman in the audience. The sweet exchange...

A 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped at a Keith Urban concert outside Boston, Massachusetts on Saturday while concertgoers nonchalantly filmed...

Workers at a factory in the town of Paddock, in KwaZulu-Natal Province, eastern South Africa, were mortified when they found a baby boy buried in...

Most of us can be selfish from time to time. We are only human. But this story takes the cake and brings selfishness to a whole new level.

...

Gardeners are very passionate about their plants, investing their time and money into them, so they are innately disheartened when their hard work...

Catherine St. Germain is still dealing with the after-effects of a particularly traumatic experience in her life, and she’s now speaking out to...

A Minnesota woman is tired of enduring cracks about the small diamond in her engagement ring. She posted a photo of the ring with a message for...