Quantcast

Family Has Serious Warning For Pet Owners After Losing Pet To Poisoning

One couple endured a heartbreaking ordeal over the weekend. On Saturday, their two healthy dogs suddenly started acting sick. By Monday morning, the two dogs had to be euthanized. They're not really sure what happened and are offering a reward for information.

The Utah couple said both of their dogs began acting strange out of the blue on Saturday night. They couldn't hold their bowels. The couple thought the dogs had contracted a common upset stomach virus. Things got progressively worse, with the dogs starting to look not just lethargic, but drunk. They started walking into walls.

By the time they reached the vet on Monday morning, it was too late. The vet said the dogs were suffering from ethylene glycol poisoning, a chemical found most commonly in antifreeze. They had little choice but to put the two dogs down.

“The vet said we would have to put Marley down, and we could try to treat Autumn but it would cost $3,000 a day and there was only a 25 percent chance she would live,” said dog owner Katrina Burrell.

The Burrells decided to put the two dogs to sleep together. “They put them on tables side by side, and they let us say all of our goodbyes, and talk with them for the last time," Burrell said, tearfully. "They put [Marley] down first. I watched him stop breathing, I watched his heart stop beating. They finished his injection and they started Autumn’s injection and she was terrified. I don’t think she was ready."

After the heartbreaking event, the Burrells went on a search to find the toxin that killed their dog. There was nothing on their property. “We searched our yard to see if there was anything in our yard, anything in our driveway that they could have gotten into that would have caused it," said Burrell. “I keep a very close eye on my dogs when they are outside in our yard... they never go out of my sight.”

The Burrells are offering a reward of $1,500 if anyone can provide information about what happened to their dogs. They believe it's possible that the dogs were deliberately poisoned.

Lt. Danielle Croyle with Ogden Police said the investigation has been closed. A snowmelt bag with anti-freeze inside of it was found in a neighbor's yard, and police suspect the dogs got into it. There's no way to prove if anything was given to the dogs intentionally.

Source: Fox 13
Photo: Twitter

More News Stories

An absolutely stunning tragedy has taken place in the kitchen of a high-end restaurant in China that saw chef Peng Fan lose his life. According to...

Excessive gum chewing may have caused the brain-swelling death of a Welsh teenager, the Daily Mail reported.

Medical examiners determined...

More and more gluten-free options are starting to pop up in stores and restaurants, and with good reason. As it turns out, an intolerance to...

It all started in 2014 when some teens in Pennsylvania threw a five-pound rock off an overpass. The rock caused an accident and seriously injured...

It seems like recalls are becoming ever more prevalent these days, and we have another one to add to the list. As AWM shares, National Frozen...

Latest News Stories

For generations, little girls (and most certainly some little boys) have talked to their Barbie dolls, whispering their secrets and hearts'...

A 25-year-old Wisconsin woman is crediting her husband for saving her life by telling her to raise her arms into the air while she was suffering a...

Among those who toured the 9/11 museum on Sunday was former President George W. Bush, who “spent an hour somberly looking at the exhibits,”...

Many parents would say that they'd die for their child, but few ever get the chance to prove it. One mother showed her son that she puts his...

With all the advancements in technology, it is the easiest day and age to see, share and spread information. You can see countless hours of news...

A woman in India had stomach pain for months. 49-year-old Mousumi Dam had chronic pain and acid reflux for months before she visited the doctor....

A significant number of healthcare experts are issuing warnings about the possible adverse effects of flu shots, and some are even advising...

It looks like trick-or-treat came early for one Memphis, Tennessee man. His neighbor tried to trick him into unwittingly dumping a severed head...

Nowadays with the vast amounts of technology your fingertips it is extremely easy to photos, videos and stories from all over the world. When such...

The ugly and dangerous New Guinea flatworm has recently started to terrorize residents of Southwest Florida. Officials are running scared that...